Monday, July 15, 2013

Revenge???

"Revenge is beneath me; but accidents do happen"  I read this on the internet recently. It sticks in my head. Funny, but sort of true in a southern kind of way. I also remember hearing from childhood, "I do not get mad, I just get even". Once again, funny but a little bit of truth in such a statement.
Do we go out and seek justice by getting revenge. If the truth be told, yes most of us have done this once or twice in our lifetime. In my younger years, I have looked for revenge and even gotten it maybe once or twice. Seemed more important in my younger years.
Now I really do try to live my the motto: "If a person talks mean to you or treats you badly, it is a reflection of them, not a reflection of you." Very wise words and certainly ones we could take lesson in. But friends, "My attitude toward you is a direct reflection of how you treat me" is also words that I have posted on my desk and I must admit I do believe them.
I am not upset with anyone nor do I feel the need to get even as one calls it. Just really thought it worth mentioning that "Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen" really sticks in my head on this day and I have a feeling that I will remember the words for a long time. Makes me smile just thinking about them.
Thank you for reading and please tell the ones you love that you do love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment