Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Wonderful Blast from my Past!!!!

This my friends is me. This horse is Pepper, the first horse I owned and the one Gerald boarded for me while he lived in the same town as me. This picture was taken several years ago and it is actually the very first time I rode him. I bumped into the man who gave me this wonderful horse yesterday and was traveling down memory lane. I knew I had pictures of that day when I brought him to Gerald's, but I discovered forgotten video clips of all of us riding him that day. I enjoyed watching the clips and seeing my friend Sonny giving me instructions on what to do with this horse and watching myself struggle with riding him. While watching these video clips I saw clips of Gerald. He was watching and talking and giving advice from the sidelines. I did not remember having these videos. It was wonderful to hear his voice. It was so great to hear him healthy and see him smiling and standing around with friends.
I watched and listened and found myself smiling. I was enjoying seeing my old friend again. It was such a wonderful surprise. I enjoyed seeing Pepper again and remebering him and what a wonderful horse he was. I only had him 6 months before I lost him to colic. Friends this horse is the one that brought Gerald and I together and forged a friendship that will live in my heart forever.
I wrote previously how I had been struggling with the upcoming aniversary of his death. I still dread the day, but seeing these videos made me feel so much better. I could actually hear the voice of my friend that I loved so very much.
Life has a way of bring things and doing things to us to help us when we need it. It just brought something to me that I had forgotten I had. How much I enjoyed seeing it. Just what I needed.
Tell the ones you love that you do love them and thanks for reading. Have a wonderful rest of week.

No comments:

Post a Comment