Friday, April 12, 2013

Older than I ever thought I would be

Today is my birthday. I am older than I ever thought I would be. I only say that because all my teenage and adult life I never thought I would live to be an older person. Just a feeling that I have always had. I have no explanation for this feeling except that it is there. Actually it is still there. The definition of older person gets moved back each year but the feeling remains; just as much now as ever.
I am grateful that I am the age I am. (NO, I am not going to tell you what that age is). I have had many experiences in my life, both good and bad, but many stories to tell anyway.
Do not worry, I am not going to tell all of them in this blog. Well I am starting another year and still unsure if I will see the next birthday. It is OK. I have family and friends that love me and I love them back. I have a great husband, wonderful son, and granddaughter that looks and acts just like me. Wonderful animals that return my love. Family and friends that have gone before me that wait for me to come. It is good on both ends of this feeling I have.
Happy Birthday to me and let's get started on the next year.
Thanks for reading and please tell the ones you love that you do love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment