Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goodbye


This is Miss Tulip. She is my baby. Tulip is 14 1/2 years old. In the last week she has gotten very sick. She will not eat and will drink very litle. She spent 2 days at the vet on IV's taking in fluids because she was so dehydrated. She has not eaten anything in 5 days. I have offered many things that she loves but she will not touch anything. She will drink a little water, but I am certain not enough to keep her hydrated. The vet cannot find anything infection in her blood work, but she offers some insight into what might be going on. In the last few weeks Tulip has become confused and forgetful. She can get lost in the corner of the room. The vet feels something is going on with her brain. Maybe a tumor or some other problem. None of the ideas offered up have a postive outcome. She does not feel Tulip is suffering, but does feel she is very sick. She cannot last long without food. We can do more fluids, but this will only buy us maybe a few days. At some point we will have to decide if it is time to let Miss Tulip slip away to the next life. If she begins to suffer, we might have to help her do this.
I love this little baby. She came into my life after I lost another miniature I had had for 15 years, CoCo. He has a stroke and was suffering and we had to make the decision to help him into his next life. It broke my heart. Tulip healed my heart. She was the best little girl and still is. She has never been bad. She has been my companion for all these years. She has traveled with us to both the ocean and the mountains. She has gotten many compliments due to her solid black color. She has always been a tiny little thing and very easy to carry. She always behaved wonderful, wherever we took her.
My heart is breaking. I do not want her to suffer and I will be able to make the right decisions when the time comes (and that time is very near) I love animals and this one holds a very special place in my heart. My heart breaks knowing I am going to have to give her up. When we get pets we know we may have to give them up one day, but if we love them like we are suppose to, giving them up is very hard.
Tulip has slept in my bed every night for 14 1/2 years. She has been there more than my husband. She knows all my secrets and knows all my feelings. She loves me and is always so very glad to see me.
I fear my life with this wonderful companion is coming down to only days left. I am so sad and I feel my heart breaking. I will no longer know the gift of unconditional love from her.
This love I have received from her lives in my heart and I hope and pray it will help give me strength to go on. I have such wonderful memories and will never forget. I pray she knows how much I love her and how much she has brought into my life.
It is very hard saying Goodbye to someone who you love. I do so very much love this little girl and am so grateful for all she has brought into my life. She will live on in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment