Friday, May 31, 2013

The grass problem, but gotta love him.



Pictured above are the beautiful animals that live in my pasture on a daily basis. Sorry no picture of Miss Kitty but she does live in the barn and only weighs 5 lbs so she gets a break. Pictured in the barn is Hope and Missy. They are mother and daughter and enjoy hanging out in the barn way more than being in the pasture. I guess it is cooler in the barn and less flies.
The next picture is Miss Sage, who most of you are familiar with. Notice Sage is standing near the area where I have planted grass seed. The biggest point of this picture is she is standing.
The next picture tells the story of today. Mr Ben. Notice Ben is laying in the area where I have planted grass not only once but three times. He loves to roll in this area. He rolls and rolls and rolls. You get the idea. Donkey's love to roll in dirt. It keeps them cooler and helps to keep flies off of them. Well I happen to have a large area of dirt and he is loving it.
Also notice the look on this donkey's face. I think he is laughing at me. He knows I do not want him rolling in my grass seed. I have shoooed him off of it several times. He just comes right back and rolls more. While I was there yesterday he layed down and rolled and rolled and rolled right in front of me and then looked up at me with this expression on his face. I swear he is laughing at me!
Friends I will never grow anything in this area with him constantly rolling on it. Grass will not grow under these circumstances. I cannot rope it off because it is right in front of the enterance to the barn and Missy and Hope love the barn. I also believe all of them should have access to shelter if we should happen to get rain. But if we get rain, then I will have mud and maybe, but only maybe, Mr Ben will not roll. But only for a short time. When it dries out, he will start rolling. He must think I made this area just for him. Althought he stood and watch me plant grass not once but 3 times.
I could put up a sign that says "No Rolling" but I am not sure if he can read and even more sure if he could read, don't know if he would obey the sign. I think he would still roll and roll and roll.
I also still think this little fellow is laughing at me. The look on his face when he looked at me just told it all. He knows he is doing wrong and he knows I love him and will not do anything. I guess I will just have a huge dirt area in front of my barn and he can be happy rolling and rolling.
Everyone have a wonderful day and a really great weekend. Tell the ones you love that you do love them.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment