Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter and Springtime.

Easter is just a few days away. I am pretty sure the Easter bunny will be stopping by my house. Skylar has a new Easter dress (which was designed for warm weather so we might have a problem). Isn't it suppose to be warm for Easter and have flowers blooming? I think that is the way I remember Easter when I was growing up. Well I could be wrong but really not sure anymore. I promise not to get off on the I am cold rant again. I think everyone has the idea.
The new horses will be arriving this weekend as well. I think I mentioned in a previous blog that Gerald's sister got his brother's horses and they will be coming back to North Carolina to live in my pasture. Sage is excited about meeting her cousins. Well I think she is excited. She and Lil Ben are cold because they have started shedding and it is cold. Anyway she hangs around the barn a lot, so I think she is waiting for her cousins, but I guess it could be because she is cold and it is a little warmer in the barn. Well maybe some of both, but there again, I am really not sure.
I am both excited and nervous about the horses. Three horses and one donkey to deal with every morning will be really different than what I am used to. But I love horses and the excitement of having two more living there is taking front and center to anything else right now. I just hope everyone gets along.
Skylar is having Spring pictures made at school today. She had to wear long sleeves and leggings under her skirt. Way too cold to wear her new sleeveless dress. She still looks very cute and I think pictures will be good. Guess we will have to go elsewhere for pictures in her Easter dress later when it warms up.
Happy Easter to everyone and please take a moment to tell the ones you love that you do love them.
Thanks for reading. Oh, in case you did not know, it is cold for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment