Monday, March 11, 2013

March 13th

March 13th is only a couple of days away. This would have been my Nanny's (grandmother) birthday. If she were on this earth today she would be 113. She has been gone 20 years but I remember her so very well. She was the most wonderful lady who loved everyone. (except republicans) Well she probably loved them as well but there is a funny story about that. (For another day) I was the oldest grandchild and I never doubted her love. Her face would light up and she always smiled when I entered the room. I remember this so very well. As a child I often spent Saturday nights with her. She always had a great snack for me and made me pancakes for breakfast. To this very day I only like my pancakes the way Nanny made them. Cake like not thin and rubbery. It is the only way.
There is no doubt this wonderful lady is in heaven. There was no one any better. She was kind and loving and just extra special. I miss her. I think of her often and the way she would smile when I came into the room. I miss it. Even after 20 years I can still remember how much she loved me. The kind of love that everyone should experience at least once in their life. Real genuine love from the heart.
Happy Birthday in heaven Nanny. I love you and miss you very much. Most of all, I remember the way you loved me and miss it. The memories live on in my heart and I am so very glad I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment