Sunday, March 10, 2013

One little hour

Well here we are, one night into daylight savings time. Yea, one more hour of daylight today. But the problem is I have one less hour of sleep. Funny how one hour can be so exciting and then you realize you are tired because you lost sleep. I stayed up late watching the Duke - Carolina game. Yes I was happy with the winner, but I am certainly in a minority with lots of my friends. Folks, I hang out with a Carolina crowd but really I am a Duke fan. This is not a secret, but there are times in my life when it is just best to keep quite or I could be hurt.
Funny it was the one thing Gerald and I just did not discuss. He was a huge Carolina fan. His daughter graduated from this fine institution with honors. I will never forget the first time this subject came up. He said something about Carolina and I just matter of fact said, Well I am a Duke fan. People that look was priceless. Funny now that I remember it. It was only mentioned a few times more during our friendship but each time I got that look.
Sorry, I am rambling. Back to this one hour time thing. I am very excited about more daylight in the evenings. This means more time at the barn and more time with the horse and donkey. But I did not remember that it meant one less hour of sleep this one day and I will feel bad for this day. Well it is just one day right. Certainly worth it for several months of saddle time. Sure!!
Spent a little time at the barn yesterday, cleaning stalls and enjoying some love time with my babies. Hard to love on babies that weight 1200 lbs and 600 lbs, but I do manage it and enjoy doing it. I am going to take the saddle over today and ride some.
Everyone have just the best day and thanks for reading. Tell the ones you love that you love them. We never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment