Friday, January 18, 2013

Hay????????

I have hay at my barn. This would stand to reason since I have a barn that has a horse and donkey living there. I usually purchase square bales because I do not have a tractor so I cannot move the large round bales. I store my hay behind my barn in a covered area that does connect to one side of my pasture. Two nights ago Sage (my horse) decided it was a great idea to get into my hay and scatter several bales of it. I know it was the horse because this hay was stacked pretty high and the donkey could not have reached up that far. Anyway, I lost about 5 bales of hay. I am aware the horses scatter hay although I really do not knwo why. Sage normally stays out of the hay and really does not mess with anything in this area. Well she changed her mind the other night and just had a really good time getting all into it. UGH! Now I have to move hay. I will move as much as possible into the barn and away from her. Hay is heavy. I think about 40 lbs per bale. I will most likely have to move about 50 bales. It really is starting to sound alot like work. Then I need to build something to keep Sage out of the rest of the hay I leave behind the barn. More work.
Have I mentioned how much I love owning horses. Have I mentioned how much I love my horse. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate moving hay around. It is heavy and makes you itch. I am pretty sure horses and hay go together and always will. I have to forge ahead and get over it. I will be moving hay this weekend. Happy Happy Joy Joy.
Thanks for reading and everyone have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment