Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Countdown

The countdown is on to Christmas. Presents need to be purchased, meals planned, presents wrapped, cards addressed and many other things. I have not been in the Christmas spirit at all this year. I really just wish it would go away. I have a tree up but the decoration are just plain awful and I look at it each and every day and think about taking it down. There are no presents under the tree because I have not purchased any. I have Christmas cards still in the package on my kitchen table, but still have to open the package, write in them, address them and mail them. I just do not see it happening this year. We have started receiving Christmas Cards in the mail and they are beautiful and very appreciated, but I do not think I will mail any this year. I just cannot seem to get in the mood. We had Merry Christmas pagent practice last night for Skylar. She did wonderful. I did manage to get her a very pretty Christmas dress with new stocking and shoes and hairbows. She is very pretty in this and I am sure there will be pictures later for you to see. Maybe the little pagent will help me into the Christmas spirit. I just don't see it happening. Mostly the pagent is alot of hurry up and wait and hold your breath because you do not know what they are going to say to the judges. Stress is what is is causing me, not Christmas spirit. I even watched "It's a Wonderful Life" but that did nothing for me. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but this year it is turning out to be a stressful time and no comfort and joy to be found. I have got to do better and look for this Holiday spirit. I wonder: can you buy it at Wal-Mart? Maybe a more upscale store like Macy's will have it.
Everyone have a wonderful day and if you know where I can find this Christmas Spirit please leave me a message. I must get in the Christmas Spirit soon.
Thanks for reading. Ho Ho Ho and Bah Humbag all in one visit. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment