Thursday, November 29, 2012

Making my Dad happy.

Well, I am Daddy's girl. I have always been Daddy's girl and I really do not plan on changing that anytime soon. I have wanted a new pair of boots for some time now. My others have gotten so large on my feet, due to weight loss, that I have to wear 3 pair of socks and they still rub blisters on my feet. This year at Thanksgiving my Dad tried to give me the money for a new pair. I declined his offer. Not because he did not have the money, I have just never really liked having him buy me things for no reason. ( Like Birthdays or Christmas or things like that) He made the offer again a couple of days ago when I went with him to the doctor. Once again I declined his offer. I talked with my husband about this and my husband told me that I should let my father buy me these boots. He said it is OK to be gracious in receiving as well as giving and he thought my Dad really wanted to do this. After some serious thought I called my Dad today and told him that if he wanted to purchase these boots for me I would accept his offer. He said he was very glad because he really wanted to purchase them for me. He actually seemed excited that I was going to let him buy this gift for me.
I think I made my Daddy happy. As a little girl, seeing Daddy smile and laugh was a great joy. As I have grown into an adult I love my Dad so very much but taking care of him and my mother was what I focused on. Taking money from them just did not seem like the right thing to do. Today I made my Daddy happy. Only because I let him buy me something that he knew I wanted. Easy to do. I do not know why it has been so hard for me to do this in the past.  I am glad he is happy and I will love the new boots.
It has been a good day.
Thanks for reading and everyone be nice to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment