Friday, October 12, 2012

No where to go but Down

Well it it State Fair time again. My husband is sooo excited. For the last several years he has entered some form of honey in the honey exhibit and won many ribbons. Last year he won best in show for the entire honey exhibit. Best of show for a quart of honey is a really big honor. They told him they could not remember if or when a jar of honey had won best of show. (I do not know who they are. Judges I guess) This year he entered honey again as well as hot peppers. He left out this morning to volunteer at the honey exhibit and was as excited as a small child at Christmas. He could not wait to get there to see if he won a ribbon again this year. Judging was Wednesday evening. I ask him what will he do if he does not win a ribbon this year. He looked at me as if I was speaking a foreign launguage. Now, last year he won the biggest award you can win in the honey division. Best in show. To win best in show you also have to win a blue ribbon, which he did. So there is no where to go but down from that.  Now I am not being negative, but when you have gone all the way to the top, is it not a little disappointing to go down from there. I suppose it is possible to stay at the top and win another Best of Show, but not likely. Well whatever happens, I wish him the very best of luck and I know he will be excited for himself and everyone else in the Bee Keeper's Org. that he belongs to. Many of them entered this year and I hope all of them win something. I will report later on who won what. Everyone have a happy and safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment