Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Big Red Machine :) Sage


The Big Red Machine is my nickname for Sage my horse. Technically I believe Sage is Chestnut, but red is red and she is a big girl. 15.2 hands for you horse people and 62 inches tall for you non horse people.  Today Sage and I are going riding. We have not ridden much lately, many things have come up, but we are going riding this morning. I am excited, and I am sure Sage would rather just not mess with it. She is a great horse, but big slow and lazy is a good description. She would just rather not go riding. Well we are going this morning. It is a little chilly out this morning, so should be a great morning. I have friends who tell me I should not baby this horse and talk to her, but folks, let me tell you, this is falling on deaf ears. I love this horse so much and talking to her is just what I do. I have many nicknames for her, such as the Big Red Machine, My Mini Horse, and Frick, (which goes with the one of the donkey's nicknames, Frack). I will have to post a picture of Lil Ben, my donkey. I will at the end of this post. He is a little sweetheart. He was rescued last December with 7 other donkeys. My friend Gerald got these donkeys from someone to sell them. I had told him I wanted a donkey and he picked out Lil Ben because he was so sweet. When he first came to live with me, you could see all of his ribs but I promise you, he has really plumped up. We love him too. I told Gerald he got me the best donkey in the world. Back to Sage. I have someone coming to meet Sage and Ben this afternoon. She wants to get on the horse. We will see how this works out. I do not think she has any horse experience. Sage is very tall, so many say they want to sit on her, but change their mind when they stand next to her. When Gerald first brought her to my pasture, I thought, Lord this horse is 7 feet tall. She might be big, but she has the best personality. Such a sweet girl. Most of the time. There have been minor problems, but honestly, they came from me being stupid, not Sage. Oh well, I ramble, which is why my blog is called Ramblings that go on and on. Sage and I are headed out later this morning and I am sure we will have a great time. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and the weather is nice and beautiful where you are. Hopefully there will be a picture of Lil Ben at the end of this. he is not going riding today. He has to stay home. I guess I need to get him a friend to stay with him. Hmmmmmm. more on that one later...................  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment