Sunday, October 7, 2012

Work in the barn.

Good Afternoon Everyone. I survived the Rodeo. A great time was had by all, but my friend's horse was injured during the Pole Bending event. I think the horse will be OK though. Twisted her leg going around the last Pole.
I have just come from spending all morning at the barn. Shoveling, moving, brushing, lifting, and all around working by butt off. I loved it. I think I have told everyone how I feel about my barn and the peace it gives me. Hard work never hurt anyone, and in that place it never hurts me. Well almost never. I was leaning on a piece of wood today while hammering something into the side to the barn. My piece of wook gave way and I hit the ground. The ground is much harder these days. I feel it must be due to dry weather, because it certainly cannot be my age. Why, that would never be a factor. Ha.
Anyway, I am fine. Will probably be a little sore tomorrow, but I have a day off from work, so all is well. Actually, I will probably be back at the barn doing more work tomorrow. It is the time of year to get things ready for the cold weather that will most surely come. I try hard to keep my animals a dry, soft and warmer than outside place to get if they want to.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and enjoy your day. I also hope you have peace in your hearts on this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment